Monday, November 9, 2015

A Winter Remembrance Project

...when you have no pictures of your child, it's hard.
...when you are so many miles away from the cemetery....
...when there are no ultrasound pictures to be had....
...no photographs...no memory box...

...when your parents are gone, and you don't even have pictures and you desperately just want SOMETHING to honor their memory.

...when you've suffered a sudden loss, and you're trying to honor someone....but the grief is still so fresh.

it's just hard.

To speak of them, to say their name.

Sometimes, you just need something to hold. Something tangible. Something to look at that displays their name.

After much prayer, and deliberation, and talking it over with my husband, and more prayer, I'm going to offer ornaments...remembrance pieces to those who would like them, in memory of our loved ones. This will be the first in a series of remembrance projects.

There is no charge.

There never will be.

I don't make complicated memorial pieces, nor do I own a store. I think people who do are amazing, but that is not me.
I work for a living, and do not intend to make my living doing this.
People I know have graciously donated the supplies for my projects, or I have bought them myself.
For those who have asked:
if you feel led to donate, please consider donating craft supplies to the projects, or consider donating your time at a homeless shelter or simply to a friend in need.

More updates will be posted in the coming days.

If you would like your loved one included in this project, please know this:

1) I will need their name, and anything else you may want included on an ornament/name piece.
2) It will be customized to your wishes, and it will be one of a kind.
3) If you wish, I can ship it to you. Also at no charge. I've set aside funds for this, but donations of stamps are accepted. Books of stamps, not money for stamps.
4) To be included, please contact me via this blog, and to send me your address email me at joanna.unbehaun@yahoo.com

I'm hoping to make the holidays a bit easier on all of our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment