Saturday, November 14, 2015

Because I Cannot Just Sit Here On My Hands...

Our world is hurting so much, friends.
So much devastation, heartbreak, murder...

14 years ago, there was a terrorist attack here, on American soil.

My Dad and I sat quietly in the car, while I cried and poured out my fears. Dad said many things that day, one of them being:  "This loss of life...it will bring people together. We need to pray."

This is still true.
Before we argue semantics ("oh, well, Paris needs our prayers more than Beirut does" or something like that), we need to stop what we are doing and PRAY.

We need to open our hearts.
Open our arms.
Open our eyes.

There are people who need love. Who need understanding. Who need Christ.

I went outside and lit candles tonight. Because it's something.





It was windy, so it was quite the undertaking. Candles kept flickering, wanting to go off. I remember praying for them to just stay on a little bit longer.
And it hit me.
We're all like that.
Tiny little lights.
It may not seem like our tiny light matters.
But, it does...
because when you gather so many people with His love in their hearts together...
oh, friends...
we can light up this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment